Required Readings is located at the bottom of the homework assignment
According to Brokowski (2016), “organizational behavior is an applied behavioral science that emerged from the disciplines of psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science, and economics” (pg. 3). Why is organizational behavior important to you as a health care leader? The U.S. health care system employs over 18 million individuals of various departments and sectors (Brokowski, 2016). Each department and sector has a diverse structure, which makes it vital that health care leaders possess the skills to communicate effectively with, motivate, and lead diverse groups of people within a large, dynamic, and complex industry (Brokowski, 2016).
Borkowski, N. (2016). Chapter 1 – Overview and history of organizational behavior. Organizational behavior in health care (3rd ed.). Jones and Bartlett Learning: Burlington, MA. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Use the online library, required reading, and other resources to research the following:
- Hawthorne Studies
- McGregor’s Theories X and Y
- Lewin’s Behavioral Study
In a 3- to 4-page paper, complete the following:
- Define and rationalize organizational behavior as it applies to health care.
- Explain in detail the Hawthorne Studies, McGregor’s Theories X and Y, and Lewin’s Behavioral Study.
- Discuss how the Hawthorne Studies, McGregor’s Theories X and Y, and Lewin’s Behavioral Study relate to the health care field.
Length: 3-4 pages, not including the title or reference page(s).
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Support your proposal with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- Georgetown University Library (n.d.) Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-contentBorkowski, N. (2016). Chapter 1 – Overview and history of organizational behavior. In Organizational behavior in health care (3rd ed.). Jones and Bartlett Learning: Burlington, MA. Available in the Trident Online Library.