This week, you read Chapter 4 in your text and reflected on the importance of establishing policies and procedures for early childhood programs, and of creating manuals, which clarify and support those policies and procedures.
This week, you will begin to develop a handbook for staff. You may consult existing handbooks, but you are expected to submit original work. While a completed handbook will include sections in addition to those listed below, you are responsible for the development of only the following sections:
- Welcome letter to staff
- Overview of services, including such things as hours of operation, ages of children served, and services offered
- Mission, vision, and philosophy
- Licensing regulations specific to your state
- Discipline policy
- Health and safety
- Measuring children’s progress (assessment)
- Personnel policies
- Professional development
- Family involvement and communication expectations
Support your handbook with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 8-10 pages, not including title and reference pages