- Fraud Prevention and Detection Policy
Having assisted the SEC and other companies as a CFA, now envision yourself in the role of a senior internal auditor. You have been charged by the board of directors with assessing risk exposure for Innovative Hockey Gear, LLC, a hockey equipment distributor.
Using the Internet or Strayer databases, research risks associated with fraud, effective techniques that could be used to prevent or detect fraud, and the roles and responsibilities within the organization for preventing and detecting fraud.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Determine the types of exposure to fraud that the company could be exposed to and the related consequences to the organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Evaluate tools and techniques that are the most effective in preventing and detecting fraud, making a recommendation for the tool that has the highest cost-benefit factor. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
- Evaluate the roles and responsibilities in the company to prevent and detect fraud, indicating how a culture of integrity can be created within these roles.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, Investopedia, and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. You have access to Strayer University’s Online Library and the iCampus University Library Research page.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a recommendation for a fraud prevention tool based on an analysis of potential exposure and organizational accountability.