Read the article critically. As you are reading/rereading the article, think about the following questions:
- Who is the publisher of this article? Is this a reliable publication? Who is the author? What is their/his/her purpose or goal in writing the article or study.
- Is it a well written piece of writing? Is it meant to persuade you or inform you? Does it succeed?
- If it is a study, who funded the study? Is it biased by the funding?
- Who conducted the study? Do they have reputable credentials?
- What did you think of the subject of the article?
Not all the questions will pertain to every article. These are general questions/guidelines to help you learn to think and write critically about the articles or the studies you will read, not only in this class but throughout your academic career.