- Creating a Culture of Innovation and Creativity
Creativity and innovation are essential to an organization’s success, and both should be infused into every aspect of a business. Companies with creative and innovative employees keep up with industry changes and have a competitive advantage. Human resources (HR) can foster a creative culture.
For this assignment, assume the role of HR manager. The HR director has requested a business report that details the ideal organizational culture, qualities and characteristics of the employees, and leadership attributes for cultivating a culture of creativity and innovation.
Choose one of the following:
- Option 1: Imagine you are creating a new and innovative company in the automotive or health/wellness industry.
- Option 2: Use a company you are interested in from the automotive or health/wellness industry.
- Write a 3–5 page business report in which you:
- Identify which option you chose and indicate the products and/or services the company provides.
- Describe the ideal qualities and characteristics of the company employees in terms of creating a creative and innovative culture.
- Describe the ideal background and experience needed for company leaders to foster a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Identify the two most important leadership qualities and characteristics the employees should have to be effective leaders.
- Discuss the ideal organizational culture and how it would foster creativity and innovation among employees.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine employee and leadership qualities as related to an organizational culture of creativity and innovation.