After reading Chapters 1 and 2 Answer the following questions. Post a word document on Moodle with your responses.
- Explain why there is confusion when trying to define terrorism. Provide examples to illustrate your answer.
- Compare and contrast the definitions of terrorism offered by Walter Laqueur and Boaz Ganor. Do you agree with Laqueur or Ganor? Explain your answer.
- Explain how socialism, anarchism, and communism were mistakenly associated with terrorism.
- Karl Marx, founder of communism, is often labeled as a terrorist. Do you feel this is a correct assessment? Why or why not?
- What did Edmund Burke mean by his phrase, “Reign of Terror?”
- What is practical criminology?
- What are some common forms of behavior associated with radicalization?
- What are the three key questions about radicalization, according to Horgan?
- What are the five issues that are common to group think scenarios?
- According to Bodrero, what are the practical behavioral differences between terrorists and criminals? What is the significance of Bodrero’s argument in regard to investigative responses to terrorism?
- Discuss Sageman’s six-step radicalization model. Do you agree with this model? Why or why not?