Each paragraph holds one main idea and its supporting details and/or evidence. The goal of the body paragraphs is to prove each point of the thesis. For this discussion, you will be writing one of the body paragraphs.
- Start by choosing one of the points from the map you wrote for the thesis statement in the Week 3 Discussions.
- The Electoral College in the US
- Learning to Speak another Language
- Going to an Online University
- Art and Artists
- Owning a Home
- The Director’s Role in Filmmaking
- Repairing a Car Engine
- The Environment
- Spend a little time researching the point you chose at the library or on Google Scholar.
- Write a topic sentence that introduces the topic + argument/assertion.
- Add 2-3 sentences of supporting details/evidence from your research. Do not use a direct quote but give credit for any ideas that come from another source.
- Write a concluding sentence.
- Post your body paragraph to this discussion.
Specific Instructions: Your initial post should be submitted by 11:59 p.m., ET, on Thursday to be eligible to receive (but not guaranteed) all the points for the initial post.
***PLEASE CORRECT THE ATTACHED THESIS STATEMENT TO SHOW 3 CLEAR POINTS***
***PLEASE WRITE A BODY PARAGRAPH FOR THE FIRST POINT***
***THE THESIS SHOULD BE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT***
*I INCLUDED A SAMPLE THESIS STATEMENT ABOUT TEAM SPORT WITH 3 CLEAR POINTS*