Rational expressions are often used in combining rates of work. For this discussion, you are asked to pick a task that is done around your house or in your job and complete the following:
- Identify the task.
- Pick at least three people that you know, who also know how to do the task.
- Ask the person to perform the task.
- Identify each person and record the time it takes for the person to complete the task.
- Perform a rate of work calculation to determine how long it would take all people assessed to perform the task together. Share your calculations.
- Does the value you calculated make sense? Why?
- Would it be reasonable to have the task performed in this manner? Why or why not?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.