Students will be given 3 different child profiles and select one to complete. The student will read the profile and answer the questions listed below for one scenario. The student should research via professional journals, books, textbooks, and web pages for different recommendations and information to assist you in answering the questions listed below. After you have answered the questions, All work will need to be typed. Make sure to submit the correct report with the correct name. For example, make sure to submit Omar to the Omar Assignment.
Specifically the student will:
- Submit a 5 specific things learned from exploring the module.
1. Read each of the child profiles. Select one.
Name of Child Selected: ______________________________
2. What are the potential strengths of this child?
3. What are some potential areas of need for this child?
4. What additional information do you believe you need to help you assess and make a better decision about this child? Are there specific questions?
5. Develop one goal (measurable, objective, and attainable- SMART) for this child based on the strengths and needs you have identified.
What is a SMART goal? https://youtu.be/1-SvuFIQjK8
The child will…
6. What are three possible modifications or interventions that you could use to assist this child in the classroom? One should relate directly to the goal you have developed, the other two can be related to the same goal or be based on other identified strengths and needs.