will construct an annotated bibliography based upon your sport of choice. This Annotated Bibliography will be sport specific and contain books, articles, websites, etc that are relevant to your sport’s origins and history.
Purpose: An annotated bibliography is an organizing tool that is helpful when working on a research project. An effective annotated bibliography is used to compile research sources in one location and provide the researcher with quick access to the information contained in each source.
Audience: This assignment should be directed at your scholarly peers, and you may assume that they have only a casual familiarity with your topic or issue.
Content/Subject: Your annotated bibliography will consist of the sources that you have deemed relevant to your topic and/or question(s) of inquiry. The goal of the assignment each week is to find Primary Sources. While you may encounter sources that are secondary, you will only include the ones that you find most useful and relevant.
- Title Page: Include – Date, Course Name and Number, Instructor’s Name, Assignment Name and Number, Your Primary Sport you will be using in class.
- New page, Title Heading “ Summary of search process “: Key words, Key phrases, Search engines within our Library, etc. Explain why you chose your sport, and what you learned about your sport’s origins and history from this assignment.
- New page, Title Heading ” Annotated Bibliography ” in APA level one heading. Begin your Annotated Bibliography on this page. follow the Formatting instructions below.
- provide 2 additional sources of various types (book, article, website, etc.).
- Sources should be focused around a narrowed issue or question of inquiry (topic for the week and your chosen sport).