Presentation to the Organization
Create a 10–12 slide audio presentation with narrative notes and at least five references to inform leadership and staff of specific changes to workflow resulting from an EHR initiative.
Onboarding leadership and staff to workflow changes resulting from an EHR initiative is key to a successful rollout. It is important to identify all impacted stakeholders, understand how each group is affected by the changes and then communicate these changes to them in a clear and understandable manner.
For the assignment, you will create a presentation showcasing your ability to make decisions as a leader in practice. This presentation will be for multiple levels of leadership and staff to inform them of specific changes to workflow that improve overall efficiency, safety and quality in the organization.
Present the topic in a Kaltura presentation that is 10 minutes or less in length. The presentation should consist of no more than 10–12 PowerPoint slides, which should include the following with speaker notes:
· Title slide.
· Describe the overall workflow/system change within the context of evidence-based practice and analyze the reasons behind this necessary change.
· Assess how this new workflow supports the strategic plan of the organization related to quality outcomes and decision making with the use of informatics.
· Describe your rationale as a decision maker for the workflow changes for each group of stakeholders/practitioners/end users who will experience the change.
· Analyze how the new workflow related to evidence-based practice contributes to efficiency gains for specific stakeholders.
· Assess the overall efficiency, safety, and satisfaction driven use of the workflow change to provide quality outcomes for the organization or practice setting.
· Reference slide.
· Include the following in your assignment submission:
· A narrated Kaltura presentation of your PowerPoint slides.
· The full PowerPoint presentation as a separate .ppt or .pptx file, including speaker’s notes in the slides. Note: The speaker’s notes will act as a transcript for your presentation.
· When finished, paste the Kaltura link to your presentation in the assignment comment box, and include the full PowerPoint presentation (with speaker’s notes for the slides) as an attachment. You may submit the assignment only once, so make sure all the components are present before submitting.
Format: Slide presentation with audio narrative.
Kaltura is the preferred presentation platform for Capella University. All Capella learners have access to Kaltura. You will want to have an external or built-in webcam and microphone available and tested. Refer to
Kaltura Basics Tutorial [Video]
for instructions as needed.
Audio should be 10 minutes or less.
Title slide: Include your name, course, date, and instructor.
Reference slide: Five scholarly sources that support the policy and guidelines. Additional references may be used. Including APA formatted scholarly sources.
Presentation length: 10–12 slides with a maximum of five bullets per line. All information for each bullet stays on one line.
Graphics: You may use professional-quality graphics.
Speaker’s Notes: Speaker’s notes are required in lieu of a narrative paper.
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting. Refer to the
for instructions as needed.
Presentation to the Organization scoring guide prior to submission to ensure you address all required grading criteria.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Evaluate how various electronic health record systems are used by nurses across different health care settings.
· Presentation assesses the workflow/system change within the context of evidence-based practice.
· Competency 2: Propose health information designs appropriate to health care settings.
· Presentation explains the decision-making rationale for the workflow changes.
· Competency 3: Integrate health information system components into strategic planning for health informatics nurses.
· Presentation analyzes how this workflow supports the strategic plan of the organization related to quality outcomes and the use of informatics.
· Competency 4: Recommend appropriate workflows to maximize efficiencies for the practice setting.
· Presentation outlines the workflow change for each group of stakeholders affected by the change and assess the efficiency gains of the change.
· Competency 5: Recommend strategies to maximize efficiency, safety, and patient satisfaction using electronic health records while providing nursing care to patients.