When conducting research and determining the outcomes of clinical trials or experiments it is important to see if the results have any significance. When determining the clinical significance results are evaluated to see if they are meaningful or not for the stakeholders. In other words, the effects of the results must be great enough to make the costs, inconveniences, and potential harm worth the risk. In comparison statistical significance evaluates whether any differences, if any, that are observed are in fact real or just due to chance. In other words, is the result due to the testing or a result to a cause. Clinical significance is directly because of the course of treatment and had genuine effects, compared to statistical significance where the result may be due to chance (Armijo-Olivo, 2018). Clinical significance can be shown in my evidence-based process by proving that the changes being made, have a positive impact resulting in the expected changes. Then take the changes that occurred and show that the results will have impacts on the costs and revenue for the facility
Week 6 Discussion Collapse Overall rating of the message is 0. Overall Rating:
Some organizations receive confidential e-mails and take specific steps to protect and label these e-mails.
Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate at least two quality, academic resources (in addition to your textbook) on the protection and labeling of confidential emails. You may also use government websites, such as Cybersecurity from the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Please respond to the following in a post of at least 200 words:
- Describe the methods organizations use to protect and label confidential e-mails.
- Identify and describe any laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or legal requirements, such as eDiscovery, by which organizations may be required to abide.
- Provide full citations and references, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
- For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
In 60 to 75 words, please respond to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses.
Note: You will find it helpful to use the information from this post and the feedback you receive on it in your assignment due this week.
- Spend some time reviewing the video, audio, and text information about the history of spaceflight on this NASA site
- 60 Years and Counting (Links to an external site.) https://www.nasa.gov/specials/60counting/spaceflight.html
- Formulate, using your own words and thoughts, a two-paragraph written discussion that concisely* fulfills the following requirements
- Paragraph 1: Outline some connections between topics and concepts covered in Weeks 1 and 2 and the information you reviewed on this website regarding the history of human spaceflight. Make clear but general connections between the information and specific topics and concepts; detailed explanation is not expected
- Paragraph 2: Based on your discussion in paragraph 1, formulate a discussion that reflects on your learning thus far in the course. In doing so, consider answering the following questions
- How did the knowledge you’ve acquired prepare you for developing paragraph 1?
- How has the knowledge you’ve acquired affected your interest in the topics and concepts presented?
- How will the knowledge you’ve acquired apply to ventures beyond this course?
Some countries have implemented measures to protect the privacy of their citizens. In this assignment you will examine the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implemented in the European Union to enforce privacy laws. You will then compare these regulations to their U.S. counterparts. Specifically, in a 3–4-page paper you will:
- Define the GDPR.
- Justify the need for the GDPR.
- Review the GDPR’s key principles.
- Research an organization that violated the GDPR.
- Describe the specifics about the violation, including the violator, the GDPR principles that were violated, the impact on consumers, and the remedy that was applied.
- Compare and contrast an existing U.S. initiative that protects citizens’ privacy with the GDPR.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate into the assignment at least three quality, peer-reviewed academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Include your textbook as one of your resources.
- Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Review foundational cybersecurity concepts and the federal, state and local cyber defense partners/structures.
Miss Nicole is a 25-year-old established patient who presents today for premarital contraceptive consultation. She presents with her fiancé Mr. Jude. Miss Nicole & Mr. Jude are Christians and getting married in 6months and are explicit that they desire contraception that is not abortive.
1. Discuss contraceptive options that you would and would not recommend?
2. Support your recommendation with an evidence-based rationale that integrates:
a. Biblical truth,
b. The Code of Ethics in women’s health, and
c. The Nurse Practitioner Standards of Practice.
Document the assignment in 2 page word document with 3 references published in last 5 years.
Compare and Contrast Freud & Erikson
- Compare and Contrast Adler & Mahler
- Similarities of all listed above
- There should be…
- A brief description of each theory. Which perspective appeals to you more, and why?
- What are some ways the Adlerian approach can be applied to group counseling? What are some advantages of using a group format with this approach?
- What concepts from these psychoanalytic approaches do you see as being potentially useful in your work as a nurse psychotherapist? Describe why.
- Why should the nurse psychotherapist understand developmental theories for application in clinical practice?
You should cite a minimum of three APA references.
Week 2 Interactive Activity
Energy Forms and Changes
Using a simulation, apply the scientific method to investigate how energy is transferred and changes from one form to another.
Before attempting the activity, read Chapters 3 and 4 of The Sciences. Completing the reading is important for you to be able to correctly apply the concepts of energy and heat to the experiments performed in this activity.
Introduction to the Simulation
1. After completing the background reading for this assignment, go to the “Energy Forms and Changes” simulation on the PhET simulations website at: https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/energy-forms-and-changes. Click the play arrow on the simulation graphic to run the web-based simulation or click DOWNLOAD to run the simulation locally on your device.
2. Experiment with the two components of the simulation – Intro and Systems. While experimenting, think about how the concepts of forms of energy, energy transfer, and energy conversion are being illustrated in the simulation.
a. Intro Simulation – In this simulation, explore how heating or cooling iron, brick, water, and olive oil adds or removes energy from the object. Place individually, or stack, the blocks and beakers on the stands. Slide the bar to heat or cool the object(s). Visualize the types, conversion, and transfer of energy in the system by selecting Energy Symbols in the upper right of the simulation screen. Visualize the temperature change of objects by dragging thermometers (upper left of the simulation screen) to the objects.
b. Systems Simulation – In this simulation, you can build your own energy system by choosing an energy source [options (4) in the lower left of the simulation screen], an energy converter [options (2) in the center of the simulation screen], and an energy user [options (4) in the lower right of the simulation screen] and observe how various forms of energy are transferred and change within the system. Visualize the types, conversion, and transfer of energy in the system by selecting Energy Symbols. Vary the amount of energy input to the system by the energy source by using the options provided with each of the energy sources.
3. After spending some time experimenting with the simulations, follow the steps below to conduct the experiments using the Systems Simulation. Before beginning, be prepared to write down your observations.
1. Create THREE different energy system setups to experiment with. Each setup must contain an energy source, an energy converter, and an energy user.
a. Each setup must have a different energy source and a different energy user
b. You must use different energy converters for two of the setups. (Note that there are only two types of energy converters.)
c. Before running each setup, write down a hypothesis, based on your current understanding after reading the background information for the activity, that predicts the types of energy conversions that will take place, and the transfer (flow) of energy in the system.
2. Run each of the setups by providing energy to the system from the source. Experiment with varying the rate of energy provided by the source.
3. For each system setup, tell a story of what is happening in the simulation by writing down, in very specific detail, your observations of the types of energy, transfer (flow) of energy, and conversions of energy taking place in the system as it runs. HINT: While running the simulation, select Energy Symbols to visualize the types of energy, how it is being transferred within the system, and how it is being converted from one form to another.
Address the following in recording your observations:
a. What forms of energy are contained in the energy source and the energy user?
b. What specific energy conversions are taking place within energy source and energy user?
c. What specific energy conversions are taking place within the converter as energy is transferred from the source to the user?
d. How do changes or adjustments made to the energy source affect the types, conversions, or transfer of energy within the system?
Experiment Results and Conclusions
Based on your observations for all three system set ups, formulate some general results and conclusions for:
1. how the first law of thermodynamics was obeyed in terms of accounting for all the energy in the system, and
2. how the second law of thermodynamics was obeyed in terms of the direction of energy transfer in the system.
1. Create a document containing a report for your experimentation with the three system setups using these instructions:
a. For each system setup, develop a paragraph that includes:
i. a title that describes the system setup (source-converter-user)
ii. a clear and succinct presentation of your hypothesis.
iii. a clear and succinct presentation of your observations, per the instructions in part 3. of the Experiment Instructions section.
iv. a clear and succinct evaluation of the correctness of your hypothesis based on the information presented in part iii above.
b. Develop a paragraph that includes a clear and succinct presentation of your general results and conclusions, per the instructions in the Experiment Results and Conclusions section above.
- Identify the therapy modality by name.
- Identify the originator (creator) of the specific modality.
- Identify a specific diagnosis or population this modality is especially helpful with.
- Note specific focus, emphasis, and/or goals of this modality.
Therapy modalities (define criteria for each modality):
- Psychoanalytic Therapy
- Adlerian Psychotherapy
When we are first introduced to Menelaus and Helen in The Iliad, Helen’s betrayal of her husband causes a war between the Greeks and Trojans. To this day, Helen continues to be remembered as a harlot and a temptress, but when we meet her in The Odyssey, she has returned to Menelaus. Compare and contrast the Helen you meet in The Iliad with the Helen you meet in The Odyssey, being careful to consider your opinion of her last week with what you think of her now. Has Helen changed, and if so, how? Do you think authors have been fair or unfair with their representation of her? Why/why not? Be sure to use specific examples and/or quotations from the text.
- Your initial response should be at least 1,000 words in length
- Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
Based on your community and organizational assessment, create a plan for change/intervention to address a gap in services or community need that you have identified. Once you have identified this problem, prepare a proposal for community leaders and elected officials that includes the following:
- Begin by briefly introducing the community and identified gap in services or need.
- Describe possible data on the identified gap in service or need to assist in developing an intervention hypothesis.
- Develop an intervention hypothesis.
- Define those stakeholders who need to be involved in the planned change.
- Examine the capacity for change.
- Select an evidence-based change approach and be sure to justify your recommendation(s).
Support your assignment with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Length: 4-6 pages, not including title and reference pages